Sunday, December 26, 2010

Baby Jesus' Birthday!!!

This is the pretty Advent calendar that Mommy made. Every day, Mommy has helped me add a picture, until yesterday, when we finally got to put Baby Jesus up. Because it was Baby Jesus' birthday!






When Nana and Papa were here, we celebrated Baby Jesus' birthday with a cake and I got to blow out the candles! (I really like birthdays!)





In honor of Baby Jesus' birthday, we give each other gifts. When I came downstairs yesterday morning, there was a really big present waiting for me! When I unwrapped it, it was a basketball hoop! And it is bigger than me!


It won't be long, and I'll be dunkin'!



I got this really neat puzzle that has lots of animals, including three dogs, on it! I had to try putting it together right away and it was so much fun!




I also got some really fun art supplies...markers, new crayons, and finger paint!



I also had a stocking that had some small presents inside. Here I'm trying to unwrap one, one small piece off at a time!



All the fun things I got in my stocking!



Of course I had to have Mommy read me my new books right away!



After all the presents were open, we ate breakfast, got dressed, packed the car, and drove to the airport! And the trip to the airport went much better than last year! However, once we got to the airport, Mommy and Daddy discovered that all of the long-term parking lots were full. They did see a private long-term place close by, and they let us in. But, we had to leave the keys with them, since we parked in one of the aisles, right behind other cars (this made Mommy and Daddy really nervous, wondering if we would have a car when we got back). I got to ride on the little bus, and that was fun. While on the bus, Daddy saw a little sticker that said that AAA members get a discount at the parking place, so that made him and Mommy feel much better.




We made it to the terminal, dropped off our luggage, had some lunch and made it through security without too much trouble. Once we got to our gate, we learned that our flight was going to be delayed, because the incoming plane was delayed due to weather in Boston. This made Mommy very nervous, because we were supposed to meet up with Grandma and Grandpa in Minneapolis and all fly together to Omaha. We had less than an hour lay-over before our delay, so we knew that making our flight was going to be difficult.




Once we finally boarded our plane, we realized that we would have about 10-15 minutes to get to our connecting flight. Mommy worried all during the flight, and I didn't want to take a nap, but gave in and got a little nap.




As soon as we landed in Minneapolis, Mommy called Grandpa and found out that our connecting flight was also delayed, we would have time to make the flight, and they were waiting at our gate for us. I got off the plane with Mommy and went to meet Grandma and Grandpa, while Daddy waited for our gate checked suitcase and my car seat. We went to grab something for me to eat and then hurried to our next gate. We got there about 3 minutes before they started boarding, and because of Grandpa's frequent flyer status, we got to board first. It was nice to get settled on the plane, next to Grandma! Grandpa was across the aisle from me, and Mommy and Daddy were in front of me!




I ate my pizza and played with Grandma. I also got a special treat, my first candy cane. I really liked it!


Yup, candy canes are really yummy!


We finally made it to Omaha, and Mommy and Daddy were a little frazzled by the days events. Once we got to baggage claim, they realized they had forgotten one of our suitcases on the plane. Daddy went to find out how to get it back while Mommy and Grandma got our checked luggage. The missing bag came with the rest of the checked bags, but Mommy forgot about one of the checked bags, since she was trying to find Daddy to tell him that we had the first missing bag (but we didn't realize the second bag was missing).



While we waited for Grandpa to bring the rental car, Grandma got me changed into my pajamas, and I sure did look cute!



Especially with my back pack and my suitcase!


Grandpa showed up in a big truck (the only 'big' vehicle the rental place had left) and we got everything loaded up, my car seat installed and everyone piled inside. As we were pulling away from the curb, we counted the suitcases and realized we were missing one! So Daddy ran back inside and rescued the missing bag (that had most of Mommy and Daddy's clothes) and we were finally on our way to Paullina!



I stuck it out for about an hour, and then finally fell asleep. We arrived at Nick and Becky's house an hour after they had gotten home from being in IL visiting Becky's family. I got tucked into my bed, but didn't want to go back to sleep. It took a few visits from Mommy, before I finally calmed down and fell asleep. (I was just a little uneasy, because I had never been to this house before.) Mommy and Daddy went to bed too. What a long day.

Why are our travel days trying to get to Paullina for Christmas so eventful? This one ranks up there with last year's!

No comments: