Sunday, July 19, 2009

I made Mommy cry!

Yes, Mommy got a bit choked up the other morning, when I left behind the last bit of babyhood...I quit nursing. It wasn't so mach that I quit, because Mommy had been thinking about stopping anyway, but it was the way it happened.

Mommy had weaned me slowly the last month or so, and I was only nursing first thing in the morning, and then eating some solids too. (Mommy and Daddy say I eat like a teenage boy!!) On Thursday morning, Mommy and I sat down and started nursing, and Daddy came in and sat on the couch and started eating his bagel. (Which he had just started sharing with me this week.)

Well, I decided that I wanted some of Daddy's bagel, so I stopped nursing, climbed down out of Mommy's lap, walked across the room, crawled up on the couch next to Daddy and gave him my best grin! That was all it took. Daddy shared his bagel with me, and he thought I was so cute. Mommy tried to get me to come back to her and finish, but I didn't want to, I was having breakfast with my Daddy!

So, Mommy felt a bit rejected, and that's when she got a little choked up. But she got over it, and now I am officially a big girl. I no longer nurse or use a bottle. I drink from a sippy cup and eat table food, lots of table food. I'm growing fast and one of these days, I may even decide to get a few teeth!

No comments: