Saturday, August 15, 2009

And it's official, the house is for sale!!!

Mommy and Daddy came home Sunday afternoon, and boy was I sure glad to see Daddy!! (It was good to see Mommy too.) I really missed my Daddy! I ran to him and didn't want to let him go. He handed me to Mommy and I gave her a quick hug, but then I went back to Daddy! (Yes, I am a Daddy's girl, and proud of it!!!)

Yesterday afternoon, Nana and Papa took me to the mall and we walked around (well, I rode in my stroller). When we went past the store were Daddy works, I recognized it (Because Mommy takes me to see Daddy at work sometimes) and I started calling out for him, "Dada, Dada, Dada, Dada...." I thought we were going to see him, but we didn't stop. I was disappointed.

On Monday, the really nice Realtor came by and Mommy and Daddy filled out a bunch of papers. On Tuesday, some guys came and put the new carpet in the basement! (They showed up right before I went down for my nap, and you know what, I fell asleep with out any problem, even though they were making lots of noise. And I slept my usual 2 hours, even though they continued to make a lot of noise!!)

On Wednesday, Mommy started packing and the Realtor came back and took a bunch of pictures of our house, and she put a sign up in the yard. So it is official, the house is for sale. (You can look it up online, the MLS # is 42166.)


Thursday, Mommy packed a little and went and got a hair cut. (I'll try to get the camera and take a picture of her so you can see how pretty she looks!)


Friday, Mommy freaked out a bit. The Realtor called while I was napping, asking if it would be OK to do a showing later that afternoon. Mommy felt like there was a lot she still needed to clean and straighten, but didn't what to put off a showing. Daddy came home for a little bit to help her, and then I went to a friend's house for a couple of hours, so that Mommy could clean, and only have to worry about getting Lily out of the house while the people came to look.


Today, we had another yard sale, and it was pretty successful! I was a big hit to many of the people who stopped by! (Mommy puts me in the play pen under the big umbrella outside with her, because Daddy has to work.) The rest of the afternoon, we just relaxed a bit and I got to play with a lot more space in the living room! (Mommy sold the papasan chair that took up quite a bit of room.) Wow, what a week.

No comments: