Saturday, August 1, 2009

Big week!

So we have had a very busy, exciting, and momentous week. Mommy has been too busy to even get the camera out, so you know things have been crazy. It all started Sunday morning when we loaded up the car and took off on a quick overnight road trip to Hagerstown, MD. I slept for 3 of the 5 hours (driving time) it took to get there, so Mommy and Daddy were very relieved. After we checked into our hotel, I finally got some time to run around and burn off a little of the energy that I had stored up from such a long nap. And I got to see 4 deer (two of which were babies that still had spots) and a huge rabbit in the wheat field next to our hotel. (We could see them all from our window!)

After I had some play time, we got back in the car, drove around town for a bit, and then went and had dinner with a really nice couple who live in Hagerstown. I was a very good girl all during dinner! I ate well, played with my crayons, and had fun watching the big group that was behind me. Daddy talked a lot, but I'm not sure what it was all about. Then we went back to the hotel, I played a little more, and then went to bed! (Mommy and Daddy were so proud of me for sleeping so well all night, even though I had a really good nap and I was in a strange place and Mommy and Daddy were in the same room, but I knew it was time to get some sleep!)

The next morning, Mommy and I dropped Daddy off at some office, and then went back to the hotel. Mommy took me to the indoor pool. I hadn't been in a pool like that since I was at Grandma and Grandpa's house in AZ and I didn't really like there pool. I wasn't so sure about this one. But I liked sitting on the edge and dangling my feet in, and I was OK standing on the first step, but when Mommy tried to get me to sit down, I wasn't having it!! Since she was already in the pool, she picked me up and brought me in too! I hung on tight, and then realized that it was kinda fun feeling the water moving around me. Mommy and I played in the pool for a little while, and I finally started to feel a little more comfortable.

We went back to our room, finished packing up, Mommy fed me, and then it was our chance to go explore the town. The only problem was, I didn't make it more than 5 minutes after we left the hotel before I fell asleep! (I guess swimming really took it out of me!) So Mommy drove around exploring a bit while I got a nice nap. Daddy called and said he was finished with his meeting, so we went and picked him up. Then we drove around a bit more, so that I could finish my nap, until Mommy spotted Olive Garden. She said that she wanted to have lunch there, so they woke me up to take me to OG for the first time!

After Mommy and Daddy ate, it was time for me to eat, and then we got back on the road headed home. I was not looking forward to being in my car seat for another 5 hours, and I let Mommy and Daddy know that I wasn't having a good time for 3 hours!! (They kept giving me my paci, in hopes that I would go to sleep, and I just kept throwing it!! This happened over and over. They were a little slow to realize that I didn't really want my paci, and I definitely wasn't going to sleep!!!) We stopped to eat at Wendy's, and I got to eat french fries for the first time. They were pretty good, but I wasn't as impressed with the chicken nuggets. Finally, after we got back in the car and got a little further down the road, I gave in and fell asleep. I slept the rest of the way home, and then Mommy put me right to bed and I slept all night. All that fussing sure did make me tired!

And on Tuesday afternoon, Mommy finally figured out why I had been so fussy...I popped my first tooth!!!!!!!!! Then, I was fussy most of the rest of the week, and this morning, after our yard sale, Mommy discovered that I had popped another tooth!!! So I now have my two bottom teeth!!!!! (And the yard sale turned out pretty well too!)

No comments: