Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Playing in the snow

Its been a week since the double snow storm, and since the snow is still hanging around, Mommy decided to take me out to play in it. (Since my first attempt at playing in the snow didn't go so well, Mommy was a little nervous.) I really like getting all bundled up, and I no longer freak out when I see the snow, so I've made a lot of progress since the first storm before Christmas!

Here I am trying to walk on the packed snow. I really wasn't too sure about it...it felt a little slippery and made a funny sound. But I found my courage and ventured out to Mommy.


Then Mommy put me in the sled. I did good just sitting in it, but once Mommy tried to pull me, I got a little scared. (She was just pulling me on the flat, packed driveway.) She pulled me about 15 ft, turned around, and then pulled me back to the house.


I was done with the sled, and pretty much done with the snow, but Mommy wanted to play for a little longer, so I let her. She went and sat in the pile of snow, and tried to make a snow angel (but wasn't too successful, because the snow is coarse, because it has been just warm enough to melt). I didn't like it at all that Mommy was laying in the snow...I thought for sure that something bad had happened to her, and tried to get to her, but was hampered by the awful white stuff. Finally, she sat up and saw me trying to walk to her, with tears in my eyes. She held out her hand and helped me up onto her lap. I was relieved that she was OK, but scared of all the snow that I was now sitting in, and Mommy decided that we had been out long enough! We went back in to the safety of the house! When will this snow go away??

No comments: