Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

Yesterday morning we had to take Gma and Gpa to the airport so they could go home. Gma had to take one more picture of us, so here we are in our patriotic apparel!


After we got back home, and I had another good, long nap, we went over to my friend Lexi's house. I got to go swimming for a little while, which was really fun!


After we ate, we went to some friends of Lexi's family to watch fireworks. (The friend's house was really close to the park where the fireworks were being held.) It was really fun playing with the other kids, especially since I got to stay up way past my bedtime.

Here I am with Lexi (the one on the right) and one of her cousins. We were trying to wait patiently for the fireworks, but it was hard.


Mommy's attempt at a night shot of me with my glow stick jewelry!


At 9:40pm, Mommy and Daddy decided that I should put my pj's on, so that I would be ready for bed when we got home (and they knew it would be a good distraction until the fireworks started). Just as I finished getting my pj's on, they started! I didn't know what was going on, but it was really loud and I got scared. It was a good thing Mommy was holding me!

Then I saw the pretty colors in the sky, and realized that no one else was scared, so I calmed down. Mommy had me call out the colors that I saw with every burst, and that became a fun game, trying to keep up with all the bursts. After a few minutes, I realized that fireworks, although loud, are really fun to watch. By the time the finale came, I was clapping and cheering with everyone else!

Once the fireworks were over, we quickly packed up our stuff and headed home. There was a lot of traffic, so it was slow going in the beginning. I only lasted about 5 minutes in the car before I fell asleep. It was two and a half hours past my bedtime, and I was exhausted. I woke up when we got home just enough to realize that Mommy was carrying me into the house, and that she put me in my bed. What a great day!

No comments: