Saturday, July 3, 2010

It's party time!

Yesterday was a very busy day! We spent the day getting ready for my party! I got to play most of the day, and there were plenty of people to play with. Papa went outside with me and pushed me on the swing for a long time, and that was really fun.



Nana and Aunt Anna worked together to paint my nails, so now I have pretty purple fingers and toes! (Yes, it took two people, because I don't like to be still, remember!)




I got to help with Baby Max, which meant I got to hold him. That was really fun!


Mommy and Gma spent a good portion of the day decorating my cake. Uncle Nick put in his two cents a few times, but that was the extent of his help with the cake (which is probably a good thing!)


My cake!


The weather has been perfect all day, and as everyone was arriving, I was already playing outside.


Gma came and blew bubbles with me! I really like blowing bubbles!


I got to eat at my table with my buddies from play group, Landen and Sarah!


And here I am, with my beautiful cake!


Here I am with the Eckardt kids. (They were our neighbors when we first moved to Maryland last fall.)


Me with Sarah and Landen!


Mommy, Daddy, and me!


First of what I'm sure will be many pictures of the cousins with the cake. (We had to have Uncle Nick and Aunt Becky, and Mommy and Daddy in the picture too, because they wouldn't let me hold Baby Max by myself.)


Everyone was singing to me, and I was ready to blow out my candles! (Mommy had helped me practice last week!)


I bent over a little too far, and almost burned my forehead! Daddy helped me blow the candles out.


Me and my buddies eating our cake and ice cream...well, I ate the cake, Sarah just licked off the icing, and Landen ate it all!


I was having a really good time playing with my friends, so I was not happy when Mommy and Daddy told me it was time to open my presents. I wanted to keep playing! However, even after much protesting, they told me I couldn't play until I had opened my presents, so I got my buddies to help me!


They did a really good job getting all the paper off and opening the box...


but once I saw what was inside, I didn't need any more help!


I was sad when it was time for Sarah to leave, so I gave her a really big hug!


And at the very end, a quick family picture, even though Baby Max wasn't too excited about it.

And then it was time for me to go to bed!
I had a really good time at my party. I got a lot of neat gifts and it was fun to see so many of my friends, all at my house, for my special day!

No comments: