Monday, July 19, 2010

Mommy Daddy beach!

That's right. Last week, Mommy and Daddy went to the beach, without me. But that was just fine with me, because I got to stay with Nana and Papa!

Daddy got off work early on Wednesday and we drove all the way to Nana and Papa's house, stopping a few times so that I could go potty (I didn't have any accidents!) We made it there in time to have dinner, and Uncle Boo (Philip) and Aunt Lindsay came too! When Mommy put me to bed that night, she told me that she and Daddy wouldn't be there in the morning, because they we going to the beach (Mommy had been telling me that all week, and I kept repeating it!) I was going to stay with Nana and Papa for a few days, and then Mommy and Daddy would be back. I was so excited!

Mommy was right, when I woke up the next morning, she and Daddy were gone, but Nana and Papa were there! Nana even made me my favorite breakfast (an egg with cheese and blueberries)!

I had such a good time while Mommy and Daddy were gone! I got to play with Rudy, the dog, plus all of Nana's really fun toys! I even got to go swimming with Aunt Anna in a special pool that they got for me!



I had a little trouble getting the slide figured out, but it was fun!


Playing with Aunt Anna!


Another really fun thing I got to do was eat corn on the cob for the first time! Once I watched what everyone else was doing, I decided to try it. I like it so much, I had two!


I also got to play with Uncle Bryson, and that was really fun!


I even got to go see Uncle Bryson at work, and see his fire truck! (I was a little confused, because I thought fire trucks were supposed to be red, but in Chapel Hill, everything is Carolina Blue, even the fire trucks!)


I didn't realize just how big they are, and I wasn't too sure about them. That tire is bigger than me!


I did get a sticker, so that made my day! (And I still have it in my room!)


After a few days, Mommy and Daddy came back from the beach. (They went to Hilton Head, SC, because Daddy had a work meeting to go to.) This was the view from their room (it wasn't hazy, that's just the humidity!)


In the lobby of their hotel, someone built a sand castle, and it was as tall as Daddy!


Mommy and Daddy said that they missed me, but that they really enjoyed a few days by themselves. I missed them too, but I had a lot of fun staying with Nana and Papa. I wonder when they are going back to the beach?

No comments: