Sunday, May 16, 2010

My first trip to the Zoo!!

Since we only live about an hour outside of Washington, DC, Mommy and Daddy thought it would be fun to take me to the National Zoo. They were right! And getting to go with Nana and Papa made it even more fun!

We started at the Kid's Farm, where I saw goats, alpaca, pigs, and I even got to pet a cow!


Then we went to Amazonia, which is like a tropical rain forest. I saw fish and stingrays, birds, and tiny frogs! Can you find the frog in this picture?


Next, we went to see the big cats! I saw a tiger lounging in a pool (it was pretty hot) and these two lions. I roared at them, but they didn't respond.


We wandered over to the Great Apes, and saw these Gorillas!


The big guy (Mommy says he is a silverback, the head honcho of the group) got upset and took a swing at one of the other gorillas. He was pretty scary looking!


I also got to see the baby gorilla!


Inside, there were lots of different kinds of monkeys, and I figured out pretty quick how to say monkey, and point them out. This is one of the Golden Lion Tamarins that we saw!


We didn't get to see much of the elephants, except for this, because they are working on their habitat. It was still really neat for me to see them in real life and see how big they really are!


Next, we went looking for the Panda Bears, but they were all napping, and since it was that time of day, I decided to do the same! The zoo sure does make a girl tired!


Since I fell asleep and everyone else was hot and tired, we called it a day. We didn't get to see all the birds, or the African Savanna (which I did want to see, so I know what a savanna is). I guess we will just have to go back sometime soon!

No comments: