Sunday, May 9, 2010

Oh, what a big family I'm part of!

And I saw a lot of them this weekend! Friday night was the visitation at the funeral home, and lots and lots of people came. There were lots of pretty flowers from friends and family. There was a really neat slide show of pictures, as well as a big display of candids that Gma and her siblings helped Gigi put together. I got to meet a lot of my extended family, and see many that I hadn't seen in a while.

I was finishing up my dinner when we first got to the funeral home, and Daddy brought cousin Henry over to say hi. (Henry is the son of Mommy's cousin Leighton...not sure what that makes us, so I'll just say we're cousins.) Everyone was a little curious to see if I would be jealous when Daddy was holding him, but I wasn't. I was even OK when Mommy held Henry...I love babies, so I thought it was great!


Saturday afternoon was the funeral, and I got to play in the nursery with cousin Henry and two others cousins, Vivi Ann and Noel. (They are the granddaughters of Gma's cousin Joanne, so again, I'll just call them cousins.) We had a good time playing together, and then it was time for the lunch. I had barely finished my sandwich when Gpa whisked me away to meet lots of people. I didn't get to meet too many though...missed nap+full tummy+snuggling with Gpa=late nap, even during the lunch! I woke up just in time to go back to Gigi's house!

On Sunday, we went to church, and then stopped at the cemetery. Everyone was surprised to see the headstone was already engraved. We were able to say our final goodbyes with just the immediate family.

Goodbye Gigipa. You will be missed.

No comments: