Friday, December 3, 2010

Making cookies with Mommy

Today I got to help Mommy make Christmas cookies! Every year around her birthday, Mommy makes cookies, often having friends over to help. This year I got to be her helper!!! With all that we have going on in the next few weeks, Mommy decided to simplify and only make one kind of cookie, the Wester family spice cookie (aka Leaf Acorn Cookies).

We used all sorts of Christmas and winter themed cookie cutters and I got to help push them down!



These cookies don't usually get decorated (they are delicious just the way they are), Mommy wanted me to be able to help 'decorate' some, so I got to put the pretty colored sugar on them!

I really liked helping with that!
And then it started snowing, really big fat snowflakes! (And the first snow of the winter!)


See them all over the table!


I think I like Mommy's birthday tradition of making cookies, and now I get to look forward to her birthday every year too!

No comments: